Saturday, January 5, 2013

F-suit for Vanilla Gallery - Final Assembly

Final assembly goes like this: Clip the legs in place and sew. 

Those marks indication which seam goes where come in real handy at this point. You are working with pieces turned inside out, and it's very easy to get them mixed up. Align 1 with 1 and 2 with 2. Simple is good. 


Legs complete...


...and looking good. Man, this is going to be one tight fit.


Next for the arms. I align the top panel to the center of the shoulder seam - another thing it's good to mark from the pattern at an earlier stage. 


Arms and legs attached...


Next up is the hood. Aligned on the center seam...

 ...clip the hood in place, and sew like the others. 


With all the limbs and hood attached, it's time to glue and flatten all of those seams. See you in an hour or two...


OK, now we move on to the final seam - the opening from the neck through the crotch. 


This all gets glued down carefully. You want to follow your pattern line and keep these the same length as much as possible, otherwise the zipper will never align correctly. 


With the zipper in place we're almost done... 



I didn't take a picture of this step, but I cut a tongue to run the entire length of the second zipper. This is sewn in place through the opening. 


And we're done!


Another one for the history books...


Now, where'd my fit model run off too? Honey, got a second? I need you to try something on for me...

1 comment:

  1. good afternoon
    how do I get one of this purchase via internet? I loved the suit Fsuit

    ReplyDelete