Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Balled-up Restraint Design Sketches

I've started working in earnest on the balled-up restraint, project number 3 from my "Top 10" list of last year.  This promises to be a good challenge, getting the fit just right for what is a pretty complex shape, in a crouched, balled-up position. I've already created a wrap from my model, and am figuring out exactly how this restraint is going to work. 

 I keep debating how I want to tackle the arms. Initially, I was going to go with long strait-jacket-style sleeves which would buckle behind her back. But the idea of laying on top of the buckle if my model was lying on her back didn't seem like a good solution. I definitely want to use this sack in that position, with her toe D-ring chained to the ceiling. 
I was toying with the idea of having the sleeve be continuous, with a zipper to lock the arms in position. They would form a permanent loop. I'm just not sure if that's going to give my model enough room to get in and out. But, it would be very clean looking. 
As it is now, this is going to take 2 zippers for entry. One in the rear from the top of the hood, down the back and through the crotch to the rear of the knees. The second zipper would be in the front, from the knees to the toes, securing the lower legs and feet tightly in the foot pocket. 


I'm posting an old drawing from 1998, just to show how long this idea has been kicking around in my head. Obviously there are many differences in the details and specifics, but the general idea is the same: a balled-up straitjacket/sleepsack type of design. 

By the way, I wanted to send thanks to everyone who has contacted me with support and encouragement for the ongoing "Top 10" projects. It's great to know there are people out there who actually enjoy following along and seeing the ideas brought to life. It does make a difference, and means a lot to me. 

7 comments:

  1. Oh boy, I'm excited. This is a really interresting restraint. The sketches are amazing and the final result probably will be amazing, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, me too Bondage Nörd... I am looking forward to making this one real.

      Delete
  2. I m sure you will succeed, your work is always beautiful and perfectly done. I support you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A small suggestion: If you make the arm sleeve a permanent loop, make it a bit longer and have it wrap 'round the legs BELOW the knee, AFTER crossing over itself, thus holding the knees bent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SlugHead, thanks for the suggestion. But the cool part of this will be linking that toe to a chain from the ceiling... I want her ass exposed, and feet out of the way. Your idea is another design altogether.

      Delete
  4. Christopher,
    while browsing through your Blog again and looking at this post about the Suit i got following Idea for the Arms. Why not, like in your Drawing from 1998, make it with two separate Arms with a Strap on each Tip? You could then add a Buckle somewhere under each Armpit and trap each Arm separately to the suit. I think if the Suit is worn a longer period of time it would quickly get uncomfortable if you can't relieve some Muscle stress. You could ease the tension / tightness on each Arm if needed. As a Bonus you wouldnt have a Buckle on the Back and your Model could lay on her back without anything interfering or getting uncomfortable. ;-)

    Hannah Scheflo

    P.S. I'd love to be your test subject for that suit and always *winks*

    ReplyDelete